I LOVE confetti, like LOVE LOVE LOVE it! (Which is just as well when it's my job to make it!)
My love of confetti started with our very own wedding. I knew I wanted LOTS of it, enough for handfuls and handfuls for everyone! We bought confetti cannons, and I hand punched boxes and boxes of confetti from old books, coloured paper and tissue paper. We even hand hand made pinatas with you guessed it, confetti inside - for EVERYONE!
By providing your own confetti for guests you are guaranteed a huge splash of colour, and in the style you like. Having a modern wedding? You don't want the old fashioned horse shoe and bell variety, having an eco friendly wedding, maybe you want a local supplier with green credentials.
Here's my top five confetti choices at your wedding!
1) One colour confetti - The beautiful, perfect white hearts of confetti fluttering down over the bride and groom. You can easily buy this type of confetti online, and as long as it's biodegradable your venue shouldn't mind!
2) Rice is an age old option for confetti, and can be eco friendly too if you get 'wedding rice', one shower of rain and it will completely disappear!
3) Confetti cannons can provide a lot of confetti, and will flutter for ages! Just make sure you've got the head height, so the confetti can fly as high as possible before fluttering back down!
4) A mixture of rose petals and lavender will sure have you smelling ever so sweet! Lavender is perfect for weddings for it's calming scent, but often doesn't show up very well in photos! Mixing it with larger more easily visible petals will make your confetti photos look fantastic!
5) Colourful tissue paper confetti will biodegrade with the first rain shower, and can look amazing in photos!
Here's a tip for the guests! Throw the confetti in 'THE AIR' not at the bride and groom. A face full of confetti doesn't make for fab photos!
I would love to see your wedding confetti photos! What did you use?